Newlines in pl/python functions

From: Jason Hyett <jason(at)hyett(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Newlines in pl/python functions
Date: 2004-08-17 23:28:16
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hello all,

Sorry if this is not the right forum, but...

I'm running postgres 7.4.3 on Linux with pl/python installed, and
pgadmin 1.0.2 on windows XP. If I try and create a python function via
pgadmin I cannot include newlines in the script. The function is updated
ok, but I get syntax errors when the script compiles. If I remove the
newlines and put all the code onto one long line then the function
compiles and executes fine.

If I create the same function on the server using psql then newlines
work ok, so I'm guessing there's a problem translating the newlines from
the Windows to Unix formats. Presumably this ought to work?

Just though I'd mention it since I can't find any reference elsewhere
suggesting this is a known issue.

many thanks, Jason

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: paul.n.shortisDate: 2004-08-18 02:26:20