Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robby Russell <robby(at)planetargon(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date: 2004-08-14 00:27:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> Odd, shouldn't it be the other way around? Do you not have a product
> line that is based on the efforts of more than 10years (don't recall the
> actual number) of development by the community? It would seem like you
> would be returning the favor and partaking in the open source efforts
> (as you have with plPHP, plPerlNG..).
>
> The community already takes care of you. ;-)

I would suggest that you read the email again. I was writing to a
symbiotic type of relationship where the two are equal giving partners.
Not where one is more imnportant than the other.

If you have the sum of commercial interests providing for a large
portion of the code being developed into the community, it makes sense
that the community in return would acknowledge and show appreciation
for; as the PostgreSQL normally does, the existence of the commercial
support that goes into said community.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake