about SLONY

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: about SLONY
Date: 2004-08-13 21:03:56
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Guys,

Just for the record. I intend to pitch the idea of writing an exhaustive
treatise of SLONY at a couple of places for publication in a couple of
weeks. I expect it to be accepted.

I am very enthusiastic about SLONY as a replication solution not only
because it's good but because I was also afforded the opportunity to get
to understand it in a very thorough manner that the OSCON workshop
afforded me.

I agree with the suggestion that SLONY be considered separate from the
8.0. They are both distinct products.

If I understand Afilias correctly, they want SLONY open sourced because
it puts more eyeballs on the code which helps debugs it all the faster.
Hence they have a more reliable solution.