Re: How do I grant access to entire database at

From: Jean-Luc Lachance <jllachan(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: Randall Perry <rgp(at)systame(dot)com>
Cc: olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How do I grant access to entire database at
Date: 2004-07-26 19:29:01
Lists: pgsql-admin
I have been thinking about this problem for quite a while.

Proper administration require creation of groups.
Adding a new user to a database is as simple as adding the user to the
group that has the required privileges to the database.

But, I think one new command would be very usefull.

CREATE GROUP <group> FROM USER <user>

where the privileges would be derived from the user's.

What do you think syntax gurus?