postgresql as windows 2000 service problem

From: kranas(at)freemail(dot)gr
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql as windows 2000 service problem
Date: 2004-07-14 10:24:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
I have downloaded the binary snapshot from 13/7/2004
I have created a user postgres and give him log on as service right
As user postgres I unzipped the binary snapshot to c:\postgres
As Administrator I add to path c:\postgres\bin and c:\postgres\lib
As postgres I run with success initdb -L "c:/postgres/share"
As postgres I can run (with success) pg_ctl start and pg_ctl stop
As Administrator I run pg_ctl register -U postrges -P xxxxxx
As Administtrator if i give net start postgresql I get the error 1067

I have done the same things in windows xp and everything worked fine.
The only difference I note is that in windows xp the user name in
service postgresql is SERVER\postgres. In windows 2000 is .\postgres.

Any help please;;

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date