Re: Borland c++ compile problems...

From: Steve Holdoway <steve(at)treshna(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Borland c++ compile problems...
Date: 2004-07-22 00:29:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Steve Holdoway wrote:
>

>>Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>>Uh, I don't see how those would fail.  What errors are you seeing?
>>>

>>Well, in the port subdirectory, one of the things that is generated by
>>the makefile is pg_config_paths.h. Without this, libpq will not compile.
>>As I stated above, cobbling this together manually then gets me to the
>>place where the aforementioned external references are not resolved. All
>>are in source files in the port directory.
>>
>>The errors I'm seeing are all caused by includes not being found, etc. I
>>don't know what to do when they are ones like strings.h, which I do not
>>have either in the snapshot source tree, or in the Borland bcc 5.5 tree.
>>
>>I also don't know how you want the above files building... into a
>>library, static or dynamic/straight object code, etc. There is also no
>>listing in the current bcc32.mak files to include them into the libpq
>>dll generation.
>>

>OK, if you look at the last few commits to interfaces/libpq/win32.mak,
>you will see changes for pg_config_paths.h and for thread safety.  Can
>you look at those changes, merge them into bcc.mak.  There might be
>other changes in there you want to add to bcc.mak too.

OK, having no M$ diff, I attach files src\interfaces\libpq\bcc32.mak and
src\interfaces\libpq\win32.h

bcc32.mak incorporates the changes in win32.mak, and adds a couple of
extra source files from the ..\..\port directory, and win32.h was used
to #define popen -> _popen.

All seems to work after a *very* cursory test!

Can I get back to the land of proper slashes now???

Cheers,

Steve