Re: Réf. : Re: [PERFORM] NAS,

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: bsimon(at)loxane(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Réf. : Re: [PERFORM] NAS,
Date: 2004-07-20 10:04:28
Lists: pgsql-performance

bsimon(at)loxane(dot)com wrote:

> As we don't plan to have more than 5 connections (I.E process), we
> think SATA drives would fit our requirements. Could this be an issue
> for an after crash recovery ?

If you can disable the write ATA write cache, then you have safety.
Unfortunately many cards under Linux show up as SCSI devices, and you
can't access this setting. Does anyone know if the newer SATA cards let
you control this?

You might want to keep and eye on the upcoming native windows port in
7.5 - It will come with a fearsome array of caveats... but you have been
running cygwin in production! - and I am inclined to think the native
port will be more solid than this configuration.

regards

Mark