PyPgSQL help

From: Bob Jarman <rjarman(at)knology(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PyPgSQL help
Date: 2004-07-19 21:59:13
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello,

Off-topic re Python.  I'm trying to connect to Postgres 7.4.2 using
python.  The only doc I have is the Geschwinde  and Schoenig book, which
is apparently dated as 'import pg' throws an error (code snippet on page
405).  Commenting the 'import' parses correctly but does not establish a
connection - I know the dbs, urls etc are valid since I can reach
everything through the JDBC using DB VIs and Xpg.  I downloaded and
installed the PyPgSQL rpm (SuSE 9.1 Pro) - all distro modules for
PostgreSQL and Pyhton are installed along with Apache2.

Can someone point me to some docs re python & postgres?

thx

Bob

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Mike FriedelDate: 2004-07-20 16:38:09