Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns

From: Justin Clift <jc(at)telstra(dot)net>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns
Date: 2004-07-02 02:50:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
<snip>
> If there is that much clamor for this, why not make a new schema,
> such as "pginformation_schema" People could then tweak the views
> to their heart's content, while keeping 100% compliance.

Doesn't sound very neat.

If we add a pginformation_schema, then it'd probably contain all of the
existing information_schema... plus more. Reduplication?

I guess we could just leverage off the existing information_schema views:

i.e.

CREATE VIEW pg_information_schmema.some_view AS SELECT * FROM
information_schema.some_view (then add extra bits).

But it still doesn't sound very neat.

?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift