Slony-I Canada Day Release Candidate available

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Slony-I Canada Day Release Candidate available
Date: 2004-06-28 17:02:56
Lists: pgsql-announcepgsql-general
After a few enhancements and pushing the replication system through a
series of tests, including 48+ hours of heavy load and other tortures,
the Slony-I project team is presenting the Release Candidate 1 for the
1.0.0 release.

The system performed very well under even extreme conditions. Taking
down a replica for 8 hours and let it catch up against a loaded system
was as little a problem as overloading the master server until it
started to swap with over 100 processes runnable.

All signals are go and RC1 should be the last pre-release download that
requires a reinstallation of the replication software. The release date
is scheduled for July 1st, Canada Day.

Please visit the Slony-I homepage to download the rc1 tarball for your
own tests.

     http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/projdisplay.php

Sincerely
The Slony Project Team