Re: pg_live

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_live
Date: 2004-06-15 05:12:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Scott Marlowe wrote:

>Given a choice, I'd rather have pgaminIII on the disk. If it's not
>already there.

I've already tried unsuccessfully using apt.

>Have you tried installing phppgadmin by hand from source?

No

>That might keep the bloat down since you won't being using apt.

It could, assuming that the necesary libraries are properly installed.

>If you've already got apache and pgsql and php, it should be simple. Or is php not
>included either?

php, apache, phppgadmin and half a dozen other packages had to be added
before I could make phppgadmin work. I had a lot of problems with
conflicts before getting it right.

What it boils down to is time. If I've got it, I can do it.

Robert Bernier