Re: PHP version with postgres 7.4

From: Mitch Pirtle <mitchy(at)spacemonkeylabs(dot)com>
To: Steve Lane <slane(at)moyergroup(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PHP version with postgres 7.4
Date: 2004-05-27 18:47:28
Lists: pgsql-admin
Steve Lane wrote:

>Hello all:
>
>I have several customers that I need to upgrade to postgres 7.4.
>Unfortunately they are also using somewhat older versions of PHP as well
>(4.1 and 4.2). Does anyone know offhand if there are any compatibility
>issues between PHP 4.1/4.2 and postgres 7.4?
>
>I'm opening to upgrading PHP as well, just wondering whether I'll HAVE to.

You will.  Depends on what operating system / distro you are using, for
most it is a simple 'apt-get upgrade'...

Whenever you upgrade to a newer point release (e.g. 7.3 -> 7.4) you will
always have to upgrade php or rebuild php with the newer postgresql
client libraries.  Either is not too hard, just annoying once you get
Turck MMCache and other stuff built into apache...

Let me know what your O/S is and I can be more specific.

-- Mitch