Re: [SPAM] Re: Permissions not working

From: Pallav Kalva <pkalva(at)deg(dot)cc>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>,"scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: Permissions not working
Date: 2004-05-03 15:06:01
Lists: pgsql-sql
>>usps=# revoke all on database usps from public,test;
>>

>You seem to think that that translates to revoking all privileges to
>objects within the database.  It doesn't.  It only revokes privileges
>directly associated with the database object, which are the rights to
>create new schemas and temp tables within the database.
>
>			regards, tom lane

Hi Tom,

    I tried both database privileges and table privileges (all and
select) it still doesnt work. Not sure
what is wrong here, I tried logging in as both postgres and usps user
and both them doesnt work.

[pkalva(at)timmy pkalva]$ psql usps postgres

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

usps=# revoke all privileges on citystate_alias from public,test;
REVOKE
usps=# \q
[pkalva(at)timmy pkalva]$ psql usps usps

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

usps=> revoke all privileges on citystate_alias from public,test;
REVOKE
usps=> revoke select on citystate_alias from public,test;
REVOKE
usps=> \q
[pkalva(at)timmy pkalva]$ psql usps test

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

usps=> select * from citystate_alias limit 1;
 detailcode | zipcode | aliasstreetpredir |     aliasstreetname      |
aliasstre
etsuffix | aliasstreetpostdir | streetpredir | streetname | streetsuffix

stree
tpostdir | typecode | century | year | month | day | lownumber |
highnumber |
od
doreven | filler |           entrydate
 A          | 00501   |                   | INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE

|                    |              | WAVERLY    | AVE

| O        | 19      | 94   | 05    | 01  |           |

|        | 2004-04-22 14:51:45.497651-04
(1 row)

usps=>