Re: PITR Phase 2 - Design Planning

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PITR Phase 2 - Design Planning
Date: 2004-04-28 17:35:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 05:00, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

>>What if we added transaction id to log_line_prefix?  The user could then
>>log all queries and find the xid where they want to stop, but of course
>>that assumes they have enabled such logging, and they have access to the
>>logs.
>>

>Good thinking.
>
>I'll have a look at this and come back to you.

log_statement triggered logging happens very early in the process - if
you are logging them all it happens before the statements are even
parsed. Would we have an xid to log sensibly at that stage?

Perhaps with log_min_duration_statment = 0 we would (i.e. log statements
when finished rather than when started).

cheers

andrew