Real time replication of PG DBs accross two servers - any experiences?

From: Bradley Kieser <brad(at)kieser(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Real time replication of PG DBs accross two servers - any experiences?
Date: 2004-04-13 06:16:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

I desperately need to set up a real time replication of several
databases (for failover) between two servers. Last time I looked at the
PG replication it wasn't yet production level. I wonder if anyone on
this list is doing this successfully and if you won't mind sharing your
experience and giving me any tips that you may think would be handy from
a real world perspective I would very much appreciate it.

I am 100% Linux-based, in case that makes a difference! I have also
considered using the CODA files system in case the replication isn't
quite up to production levels still.

Thanks,

Brad