Re: Do Petabyte storage solutions exist?

From: Bradley Kieser <brad(at)kieser(dot)net>
To: Tony and Bryn Reina <reina_ga(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Do Petabyte storage solutions exist?
Date: 2004-04-02 15:59:45
Lists: pgsql-admin
No, it isn't. Oracle is expensive but it is also the Rolls Royce, it
seems. I am a strictly OpenSource man so I don't really get into the
pricing thing, but I do know that it is also deal-by-deal and depending
on who and what you are, the prices can vary. E.g. Educational
facilities have massive discounts. Military has massive prices, etc.