Re: Thanks for the great work on the Win32

From: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Thanks for the great work on the Win32
Date: 2004-03-13 15:24:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Claudio,

Last night I reran my appliation regression tests on a win32 database
with your win32_open fix and that solved the 7 failures I was seeing.
So with that change *all* of my basic application regression tests work
when running on the win32 port. (I just changed the one call in fd.c
BasicOpenFile to use win32_open).

Other issues I have seen in playing around are:

- Errors reported during shutdown related to statistics collector.
- Problems with Ctrl-C shutdown not being recognized immediately
(sometimes if I ctrl-c the postmaster it properly shutsdown, othertimes
it seems to hang until after another (or sometimes two other)
connections to the postmaster are attempted (i.e. after I ctrl-c the
postmaster I need to connect one or twice from psql before it will
actually respond to the ctrl-c)
- Sometimes I have seen jdbc errors connecting with the error message:
no pg_hba.conf entry for ???  , but I have only seen this twice and
don't know yet how to reproduce.

thanks,
--Barry

Claudio Natoli wrote:

>>I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has put effort into the
>>Win32 port.
>

> Thanks for the thanks :-)
>

>>Is anyone interesting in more information about the issues I did run
>>into, or is it still too early for anyone to care about such
>>things as they are likely all known issues?
>

> Sure. I hope they have to do with unlink/rename locking and/or use of
> pre-1970 dates, which are the last couple issues left to sort out (after
> that it really is just packaging type refinements, like allow the postmaster
> to register + start as a service).
>
> If not, please let us know.
>
> Cheers,
> Claudio
>

> ---
> Certain disclaimers and policies apply to all email sent from Memetrics.
> For the full text of these disclaimers and policies see
> <a
> href="http://www.memetrics.com/emailpolicy.html">http://www.memetrics.com/em
> ailpolicy.html</a>

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Claudio NatoliDate: 2004-03-13 15:42:36
Previous:From: Claudio NatoliDate: 2004-03-13 11:34:12
Subject: Re: fsync with sync, and Win32 unlink