Re: Postgres ODBC woes

From: Stefan Huber <schweinsaug(at)crosswinds(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres ODBC woes
Date: 2000-09-28 08:37:39
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi Steve,

first of all: which ODBC driver do you use? and which PostgreSQL Version?
I've been using Postgers 7.0 and 7.0.2 with postdrv.exe (SFX) for Driver
Version 6.5

>2) I notice in /usr/local/pgsql there is a file called "odbcinst.ini". Am
>I supposed to alter this file?

Normally you don't even need that file.

You should watch out for the SFX-Archive postdrv.exe and install it. Make
sure, all settings are correct for the driver itself: You say, inserting
fails. That's because normally the driver is readonly (this is just a
checkbox to unclick). Are you using a SystemDSN for accessing your
PostgreSQL DB?
Make sure you are allowed to access the database from your Windowscomputer.

Stefan