Provide support for multiplexing SIGUSR1 signal

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Provide support for multiplexing SIGUSR1 signal
Date: 2009-07-03 06:41:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-07/msg00191.php

In line with Robert's suggestion, I submit the signal multiplexing patch
as self-contained one.

This patch provides support for multiplexing SIGUSR1 signal.
The upcoming synchronous replication patch needs a signal, but we've
already used SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 in normal backends. This patch
allows reusing SIGUSR1 for that, and for other purposes too if the need
arises.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Next:From: Fujii MasaoDate: 2009-07-03 07:37:46