Re: Need help with nmake /f win32.mak

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Phil Rivard <rivardp(at)shaw(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need help with nmake /f win32.mak
Date: 2003-12-30 09:43:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Phil Rivard wrote:
> I can't get "nmake /f win32.mak" to execute properly.  I'm running
> under Windows 2000 Professional with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET
> (2002).
>
> I am getting the following output when I run the command in the
> interfaces\libpq directory.

The docs say this:
"To build everything that you can on Windows, change into the src
directory and type the command"

So you need to start in
  \path\to\pgsqlsource\src,
*not*
  \path\to\pgsqlsource\interfaces\libpq

Also, make sure you run
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat
to set up your environment properly prior to running nmake.

HTH,

Joe