Re: Problems with editor

From: Lafriks <listes(at)nix(dot)lv>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with editor
Date: 2003-12-22 19:34:52
Lists: pgadmin-support

Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Lauris Bukšis wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> In query window I can't enter latvian special characters like "š",
>> "ņ", etc. That is a real problem for me ;)
>

> I've heard that problem before, but can't imagine what should cause
> this. Which platform/version are you using?

Win2K, pgAdminIII 1.0.2 also 1.1.0devel has the same problem. I think I
had the same problem on Mandrake, too.

>> Second thing is that when editing table data and if I insert new
>> record from there and press button to save edited line it doesn't fill
>> in column default values!
>

> The Edit Grid shouldn't insert anything if you leave a field empty, thus
> forcing the backend to fill in default data. Please check in SQL logging
> if this works ok for you.

I know it should insert anything but after inserting it should display
correctly what _is_ inserted including default values. Otherwise I have
to close and reopen window to see what is realy inserted.

Lafriks