Re: Publishing the Community Manuals

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Publishing the Community Manuals
Date: 2003-12-19 23:49:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
>DOSSIER already does this, though they don't donate to our advocacy (the Linux
>Fund, I think).   http://www.ptf.com/dossier/
>
>I doubt the market is large enough to support competition.

Well there are a couple of things that we can do differently that may
change that:

1. We would assign ISBN's allowing any and all bookstores to order them.
2. We can put them in distribution through Baker and Taylor
3. We can print on demand... in as little as 25 copies which makes it
very easy
to handle updates to the docs.

??

Sincerley,