Re: 7.4 and Pygresql

From: Gerhard Häring <lists(at)ghaering(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: award-postgresql(at)dominionsciences(dot)com
Subject: Re: 7.4 and Pygresql
Date: 2003-12-04 08:12:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Arthur Ward wrote:
> IMO,
> this is quite an abominable situation for Python support;

If you find PyGreSQL badly supported, you can use pyPgSQL or psycopg, which were
founded for this reason, among others. PyGreSQL's state was the reason I hopped on
board of the pyPgSQL development team two years ago.

> it shouldn't have been pulled from the Postgres source tree if that really was
> the only source for a current, usable version of the interface.

I suppose the GBorg project should be the definite place of the latest sources now.

Also, PyGreSQL and PoPy (yet another Python adapter for PostgreSQL which seemed
pretty badly supported to me) announced a merge of their projects a few months ago
on DB-SIG (the Python database list). My personal opinion is that there's nothing
worth keeping from the PyGreSQL codebase, and if you want a supported PostgreSQL
adapter, you should really switch to pyPgSQL or psycopg.

-- Gerhard