Re: v1.0.2 Build

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: v1.0.2 Build
Date: 2003-11-29 20:15:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi all,

debian packages upload in progress :)

As for the first maintenance release, I had to take the snapshot's
configure script and change the version in it to get the build ok. The
benefit of this (with some other tricks added to the build process) is
that SSL menus are ok on debian.

I finally added GPG Signed "Release" files ro the APT repository for
this second maintenance update and I'll produce the necessary
documentation regarding this asap. What I intend to produce should look
like this:
- a patch to the website: installation instructions need to be modified
to explain in a rapid manner how to tell "apt" to check the signature.
- a patch to the readme files in doc to reflect the website
- publish the public key used to sign the files :)

Signed Release file generation is not well documented in debian at the
moment. I had to hack some scripts downloaded from debian cvs
repositories. I was wondering if there was a right place in pgadmin3 CVS
where I could upload the most important scripts I did regarding debian
repository build (just to keep trace of what is done... I like to share
information with others) ? If not, I have opened an account on a debian
server to save such things.

<joke>
Another thing, Andreas, I loved your song! You are da'new Pop Star :)
What do you think of this for the chorus (you should try to sing it on
"No more pain" song from someone I can't remember its name [fugees
maybe?]):
No more paaaatch, no moooore snaaaap
Just 'nother good stable release, including all da team patches
No more paaaatch, no moooore snaaaap
No more paaaatch, no moooore craaaaasshhhh
</joke>

Hope it wasn't too much  :) I was just feeling "happy" (another good
title from a good band!).

Last but not least, my problem with unicode database connection error is
exactly the same in 1.0.2 than in daily snapshots.

Regards,
Raphaël