Re: Optimize

From: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Torsten Schulz <comic(at)be-a-part(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Optimize
Date: 2003-11-24 20:20:11
Lists: pgsql-performance
Torsten Schulz wrote:

> Yes, I know: very difficult question, but I don't know what to do now.
>
> Our Server:
> Dual-CPU with 1.2 GHz
> 1.5 GB RAM
>
> Our Problem: We are a Community. Between 19 and 21 o clock we have >350
> User in the Community. But then, the Database are very slow. And we have
> per CPU ~20-30% idle-time.

May we know the postgres version that you are running and
see the query that run slow ?
Is also usefull take a look at your postgresql configuration.
You can see doing   select * from pg_stat_activity the
queries that are currently running on your server, and
do a explain analize on it to see which one is the
bottleneck. If you are running the 7.4 you can see on
the log the total ammount for each query.

Let us know.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola