PGAdmin 3 on Debian Testing: Failure

From: Erwin Brandstetter <a9006241(at)unet(dot)univie(dot)ac(dot)at>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGAdmin 3 on Debian Testing: Failure
Date: 2003-10-13 13:05:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Group!

I have installed pgAdmin III on a Debian Testing System (Kernel 2.4.22).
I have followed the instructions on
<http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/download.php> by Raphaël Enrici.
The programm seemed to install without any problems.
When I try to start with "pgadmin3" however, I get the following error:

(pgadmin3: 399): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display.

I am not a Linux Guru. I do not know what to do in order to fix this
problem. Do I have to install any additional software that is not
mentioned by Raphaël Enrici?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Erwin Brandstetter