Re: Thoughts on maintaining 7.3

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Thoughts on maintaining 7.3
Date: 2003-10-01 17:58:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers
>I don't believe anyone would work against this, nor could I imagine that
>anyone would think it was "a bad idea", I'm just curious as to how
>possible it is to do ...

For most things probably not that possible. For things like:

Simple feature enhancements (preloading of libs)
Fixing pl/Language bugs (and making sure they still work on 7.3)
Buffer overflow fixes
Security problems (the fact that alter user/createuser with encrypted
password ' will go into a .psqlhistory file is horrendous)
pg_dump/pg_restore enhancements

Would entirely be possible.

Sincerely,

Joshua rake

>TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

+1-503-222-2783 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com - http://www.commandprompt.com
The most reliable support for the most reliable Open Source database.