Re: Sun vs a P2. Interesting results.

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sun vs a P2. Interesting results.
Date: 2003-08-27 06:54:40
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 26 Aug 2003 at 8:34, Jeff wrote:

> Could it just be that the sun sucks? (And for the record - same schema,
> nearly same query (modified for datetime syntax) on informix runs in 3
> seconds).

My impression is IPC on sun has higher initial latency than linux. But given
that you also ran the tests with multiple connections and results were of
similar pattern, I can't help to conclude that postgresql has to find a way to
have faste IPC on solaris.

I know I will be flamed for repeatedly making this suggestion. But what does
tests with sparc linux on same machine yield?

Bye
Shridhar

--
untold wealth, n.: What you left out on April 15th.