Re: Program crash on Mac

From: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Program crash on Mac
Date: 2003-05-20 19:26:30
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>I have a MacOsX 10.2 waiting for you. The machine is running, unfortunately I
>did not install OpenSSH and VNC yet.
>
>Adam, what do you recommand for remote access : shall I install Fink or native
>packages. Any ideas? I won't be able to spend time installing before
>thursday.
>
>Do you think a MacOs X public machine is still needed? With Adam debugging
>like hell, I don't know if it is still worth setting a public machine. Maybe
>it can be used to generate daily MacOs X packages from CVS. What do you
>think?

I for one would vote for a public MacOS X box, if for no other reason
than it would allow more than just one person (me!) to debug. It might
also make it easier to test new features on a Mac platform as well, so
that we are sure they work before we commit them. As for remote access
packages, I have copies of Timbuktu for both Windows and Mac that would
be good for remote access. They are native packages. Personally I have
avoided using fink only because I prefer to develop in as native an
enviroment as possible. It keeps the amount of "well it works on my
Mac" problems to a minumum.

I would be more than happy to provide you the software you need, and I
can also perform any installation you need done, if you are busy.

ahp