Re: [HACKERS] Join Stallman and Software SMEs to refuse sofware patents

From: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Join Stallman and Software SMEs to refuse sofware patents
Date: 2003-05-01 11:56:08
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Dear members of the PostgreSQL Community,
>
> I registered the congress at the European Parliament (Brussels Thursday 8 May
> 2003 9:00-12:00 room ASP 1G2) to explain in 2 minutes how PostgreSQL and some
> of its offshots (pgAdmin & PhpPgAdmin) can benefit the economy.
>
> If you are interested in joining us, please contact directly Laurence van de
> Walle (Lvandewalle(at)europarl(dot)eu(dot)int) and CC me. A registration is needed to
> have access to the conference room, get a badge, etc...
>
> Best regards,
> Jean-Michel POURE

This is definitely a good chance to spread the spirit of Open Source to
the world.
Unfortunately we cannot support you in Brussels since I am on a business
trip to Greece. However, maybe there is something we can offer you.
I used to work for an Austrian research company focusing on the labour
market a few years ago. I can try to get some figures about IT companies
telling us that there are MORE people working in small IT companies than
in huge ones. I will most likely get those figures for Austria - maybe
for Europe.

I you guys think that's useful and if you want to present those figures
please drop me an email and I will contact my friends at Synthesis.

Regards,

Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria