PL/R - R procedural language handler for PostgreSQL

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: "General (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PL/R - R procedural language handler for PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-02-17 20:47:02
Lists: pgsql-general
Hello,

I've been working on a procedural language handler for PostgreSQL, that
allows R to be used to write PostgreSQL functions.

R is similar to the commercial package S-Plus (for more on R see:
http://www.r-project.org/). Here is the first sentence of their intro:
     "R is a language and environment for statistical computing and
      graphics."

At this point, I think PL/R is ready for wider testing and use. If
anyone is interested in giving PL/R a try, the documentation and source
tarball can be found here:

    http://www.joeconway.com/plr/

PL/R has been developed against PostgreSQL 7.3.2 and 7.4devel, and R
1.6.2, on Red Hat 7.3 and 8.0 machines. You'll need a PostgreSQL source
tree to compile and install PL/R. I'm sure that PL/R will *not* work
with versions of PostgreSQL less than 7.3, but I'm not so sure WRT the
minimum R version.

I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks,

Joe

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Steinar BangDate: 2003-02-17 21:12:21