Trying to debug psqlODBC

From: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trying to debug psqlODBC
Date: 2003-01-23 12:43:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I'm trying to track down a problem in psqlODBC. I signed on to GBORG,
but didn't succeed in getting the latest sources via CVS (auth failed:
rejected access to /usr/local/cvsroot/psqlodbc, my account is "andy").
The 7.2.5 source tarball seems to be incomplete (at least code for
ConfigDSN is missing).
Can you help me getting the latest source? Is there a mailing list on
psqlODBC devel topics?

The topics I'm investigating:

- Using OLEDB/MSDASQL, I cannot insert NULL or Zero-length strings with
bound variables: INSERT .. VALUES (?,?,?) fails, INSERT ... VALUES
(1,2,NULL) or (1,2,'') is ok.

- Error Message is only E_FAIL.

Since both problems could be outside the ODBC driver, I'd rather have a
look inside before requesting support.

Best regards,
Andreas