Is is worth organising a "PostgreSQL Newsletter"?

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Geoff Davidson <geoff(at)sales(dot)org>
Subject: Is is worth organising a "PostgreSQL Newsletter"?
Date: 2002-10-30 17:05:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi everyone,

Just received the MySQL Newsletter in the email (it's good to watch what
other projects are doing) and had the thought it may be worthwhile for
us to have a similar kind of thing.

This is the "Table of Contents" for the latest newsletter.  For each
item it has a short description then an URL to the complete article on
the MySQL site:

    * MySQL 4.1 Source Available for Public
    * MyODBC 3.51.04 Released
    * New MySQL Consulting Web Pages launched
    * MySQL 3.23.53 Released
    * Efficiently using VARCHAR columns
    * MySQL User's Conference in April 2003
    * First - Developing Dynamic Web Applications with MySQL and PHP -
training course
    * October  MySQL Training
    * MySQL AB's new Education Partner Program
    * Arkeia Corp. Announces MySQL Plug-In for Hot Backup
    * Lasso Development  Ltd provides Lasso/MySQL driven Content
Management  System
    * K├Ąttare Internet Services powered by Emic Application Cluster
    * Latest MySQL News

Does anyone here have experience with creating newsletters and similar?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

   - Indira Gandhi

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Neil ConwayDate: 2002-10-30 17:21:23
Subject: Re: DOD Use of Free Software