Re: JDBC Driver - Schema Awareness

From: Kris Jurka <jurka(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Cramer <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>,pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC Driver - Schema Awareness
Date: 2002-09-20 05:19:46
Lists: pgsql-jdbcpgsql-patches
Barry Lind wrote:

> Kris,
>
> This all looks great.  However I did notice that you didn't include
> changes for LargeObjectManager.java and Serialize.java.  Both of these
> classes issue selects against pg_ tables and thus should be made schema
> aware.  Is that something you can include?   If not I can do it.
>
> thanks,
> --Barry

The following patch adds schema awareness to the LargeObjectManager and
parts of Serialize.  The API for Serialize has no notion of schemas and
did not change that.  It also adds some missing escape characters on
LIKE clauses missing from the original patch.  This patch does not
supercede the original, but adds to it.  Two new files have been added
to implement a Serialize regression test.

Kris Jurka