Re: libpgtcl modifications

From: Gerhard Hintermayer <g(dot)hintermayer(at)inode(dot)at>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpgtcl modifications
Date: 2002-08-26 14:40:52
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-interfaces pgsql-patches

Gerhard Hintermayer wrote:
> Last Thursday I posted revision 2 of my patch (directly to
> news.postgresql.org with *no* error). Unfortuntely it does not show up
> here. This are the longest 6 to 9 hours I've ever seen. I Will repost
> in the evening :-(
>
> Gerhard

Damn, I posted that from the PC located at my girlfriend. Do'nt have the
description I wrote (It was quite long). Btw, is there a more save way to do
postings to comp.databases.postgresql.interfaces. I also do get strange replys
from postmaster(at)afk(dot)dk when I do post via Google ? Strange !

Here you have a short description, the long one you'll get when I'm at my other
PC next time.

I added a new command:

pg_on_connection_loss conn ?callback?

changed libpgtcl version to 1.4 to reflect the additional command.

No callback to query the current script, with callback to set/change callback
script. Script is executed whenever (all occurences of) PQconsumeInput return
false, i.e. both in an idle database connection and while processing a COPY
command. Tested a bit, no errors, alle db-operations in callback are allowed
(and trigger a "is not a valid connection" or so error)

Any comments ?

--
Gerhard Hintermayer
http://www.inode.at/g.hintermayer