Re: small psql patch - show Schema name for \dt \dv \dS

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: small psql patch - show Schema name for \dt \dv \dS
Date: 2002-07-20 21:51:26
Lists: pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> It seems rather odd and confusing that the sort order takes the second
> column as the major key.

Maybe I'm a rather odd and confused kind of guy ;-)

> I think that the sort ordering should be
> column 1 then 2.  That means either putting the schema column first,
> or keeping this column ordering and sorting on relname before schema.
> I lean towards the first choice but can see a case for the second.

Here's another small patch, to implement Tom's first choice above. I
looked at re-adding your own "pg_temp_n" schema back into the results.
But I don't see a way to determine your own BackendId unless we add a
builtin function to expose MyBackendId as a user callable function.
Should we do this, or did I just miss something?

If there are no objections, please apply.

Thanks,

Joe