Re: Thoughts about the installation instructions

From: Thomas Lockhart <thomas(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Thoughts about the installation instructions
Date: 2002-03-11 22:04:37
Lists: pgsql-docs
> Furthermore, remove the chapter(s) on installation from the Admin Guide
> and make then a document of their own.  This document need only exist in
> the source tree and does not need to be installed.
> Comments?

All good ideas. One small nit: the Installation Guide should be part of
the built-and-installed doc set, always. I know that sometimes (maybe
most times) folks reading it will be sitting in front of a clean machine
with a tarball and a beer, but in other cases folks will be sitting in
front of an RPM-installed machine wondering how to do a from-source
build for their next project. No need to make the docs harder to find
and read than necessary.

                    - Thomas