Second decent PostgreSQL CBT released - Introduction to Referential Integrity

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Second decent PostgreSQL CBT released - Introduction to Referential Integrity
Date: 2002-02-18 20:26:10
Lists: pgsql-announcepgsql-generalpgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

Just wrapped up the 2nd in the series of PostgreSQL CBT's.

This one introduces the concepts of Referential Integrity :

It covers :

- The basic concepts

- Creating single column primary and foreign keys

- The optional clauses ON UPDATE and ON DELETE (and their

- Dropping tables when they have RI constraints

This CBT doesn't cover multi-column keys, nor MATCH, MATCH FULL, MATCH
PARTIAL, as I ran out of time.  Have to hold them over for another CBT.

I've REALLY interested in what people think of the new look (a bunch of
improvements due to people's suggestions), and if people can suggest
further improvements/fixes/etc, they'll also be incorporated into
further CBT's.

Hope people find it worthwhile and useful.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

P.S. - Wow, what a beautiful sunrise out my window.  Was worth the
effort just for that.  :)

   - Indira Gandhi

pgsql-announce by date

Next:From: Steve HoweDate: 2002-02-21 00:12:23