Re: BLOB files, Updates, ... 2nd Edition

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Service(at)Sommer-Maschinenbau(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BLOB files, Updates, ... 2nd Edition
Date: 2002-02-15 17:38:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Egon,

I strongly suggest that you upgrade.  The functionality for LargeObjects
changed a lot in the server between 7.0 and 7.1.  And the functionality
in the jdbc driver for 'blobs' changed a lot between 7.1 and 7.2.

I would also recommend that you read the documentation from 7.2 for jdbc
on dealing with blobs (you can access this online off of the website).
It talks about the different ways you can use postgres to store blobs
via jdbc and why you might choose one option over another.

thanks,
--Barry