Re: pgsql/src/interfaces/odbc/windev README.txt bi ...

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql/src/interfaces/odbc/windev README.txt bi ...
Date: 2002-01-11 04:42:54
Lists: pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> > Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >> Why don't you just make a branch and merge
> >> it after 7.3 is branched?
>
> > Yes it's similar. However is it allowed to make such a
> > branch in the first place ?
>
> Sure, CVS supports that.

What I meant was if PostgreSQL team allows it as the
policy ?

> However: the only reason I can see for putting stuff into CVS is for
> cooperative development.

The only but very significant reason I can see about psqlodbc
CVS is that people can see (nearly) up to date source at the
official place. People can compile it by themselves and try it.
There aren't so many reasons that the released version is more
stable than that of cvs as for psqlodbc.
The longer(unfortunately beta has always long) I keep my
changes privately, the less the cvs stuff has its meaning.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue