First decent PostgreSQL CBT now on techdocs.postgresql.org

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: First decent PostgreSQL CBT now on techdocs.postgresql.org
Date: 2001-12-25 21:41:18
Lists: pgsql-announcepgsql-general
Hi everyone,

For the last month and a half or so I've pretty much devoted all my
spare time to creating the first of a series of Macromedia Flash Player
based tutorials on aspects of PostgreSQL.  I'm working to get a decent
Computer Based Training (CBT) implementation going, and I'm fairly proud
of how this first effort has turned out.

The subject of this first PostgreSQL CBT is "Sequences", as a lot of new
users don't seem to understand what they are or how they're used.

This CBT (247k in size) has been created using a program called SWiSH
(which I'm never going to use for a project this big again), and is on
the techdocs.postgresql.org website at :

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/college/001_sequences/

What I'm hoping to get is constructive feedback, as I've put as much
time, thought, and effort into this first one as I know how to.  I'm
talking HEAPS.  Suggestions of what should be the subject of the next
CBT are also welcome.

Please, even if you're a guru, take a look and tell me what you think.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

   - Indira Gandhi

pgsql-announce by date

Next:From: Serguei MokhovDate: 2001-12-26 00:14:21
Previous:From: Patrick MacdonaldDate: 2001-12-18 15:37:37
Next:From: Serguei MokhovDate: 2001-12-26 00:14:21
Previous:From: tonyDate: 2001-12-25 10:46:51
Subject: Re: Database recovery