Re: recursive SQL functions

From: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: recursive SQL functions
Date: 2001-12-17 21:05:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Aside from the forward-reference problem, which seems easy enough to
> solve, I think there may be some performance issues that'd have to be
> dealt with (memory leaks and so forth).

OK, that's reasonable.  If potential memory leaks are only for the
duration of a transaction I'm not worried (in regard to the one
recursive function we're using) as it's cachable and our trees not very
deep.

I have found one bug that crashed the backend if a recursive function's
called.  Are you interested in it, since folks can now define them
semi-officially (if a bit unconventially) via CREATE AND REPLACE?

--
Don Baccus
Portland, OR