Re: pgsql/doc/src/sgml Makefile cvs.sgml datatype. ...

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: thomas(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql/doc/src/sgml Makefile cvs.sgml datatype. ...
Date: 2001-12-10 16:18:06
Lists: pgsql-committerspgsql-hackers
> Can I ask why a full path of /usr/bin/ was added to collateindex.pl with
> no discussion and no mention in the cvs logs?  This broke my automatic
> build because my binary is in the sgml binary directory.  Can it be put
> back?

Well, because it was a mistake on my part ;)

By default, *my* docs build does not work without an altered Makefile,
since the binaries are not found (being located in /usr/bin, not in some
hardcoded directory elsewhere).

That would seem to be an undesirable feature (hardcoding paths to
binaries, wherever they are located). However, I did not intend to
commit that Makefile; it snuck through with the commit of the 50 other
files in that same docs "commitball". Will back out the change (or you
can if you prefer). Of course, no hardcoded paths would be even
better...

                    - Thomas