java and postgresql

From: Poul Kristensen <bcc5226(at)vip(dot)cybercity(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: java and postgresql
Date: 2001-11-19 22:54:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> Hi,

I have a problem.

> A java program connecting to postgres 7.1.3 works fine using
> > appletviewer + htm file - inserting , selecting..

Then I've copied the class + htm file to the web root
the applet is initialized but no fields appear. If the jdbc jar file
was missing
I would get an exception and I don't get one.

The postgres data gives the following error:

pg_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection.

Has anyone got an idea of why this haapens ?

I'm using RH 7.2 + postgres 7.1.3. + jdbc7.1-1.2.jar or jdbc7.0.1.1jar
all of it is done on the same machine.

TIA

Best regards,
Poul

BTW! I have a problem joining the pgsql-jbdc mailinglist, so if you
would reply to my direct e-mail address
please, I would be gratefull.