JAVA vs PERL : PERL wins to postgreSQL

From: andy <andy(at)exkom(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JAVA vs PERL : PERL wins to postgreSQL
Date: 2001-09-03 05:47:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I ran a few bench marks on JAVA writing to a postgreSQL table using and
found that for the same number of records added to the table as a
similar PERL routine the following results :
PERL 39 seconds : JAVA 45 Seconds.
In a similar experiment where PERL and JAVA did treir output to the
screen and not to a table,

JAVA took 3 seconds and PERL 310 Seconds.
My conclusion is that the database driver to postgreSQL is still far
from efficient in the JAVA implementation.

Both tests were run on the same computer.

I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Andy Sewell