Problem with libpsqlodbc

From: Gilles DAROLD <gilles(at)darold(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with libpsqlodbc
Date: 2001-08-23 15:58:43
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I have send some patches to the OpenLDAP team to have it work with
PostgreSQL and they should be applied asap. This works fine but with
a not usefull workaround.

I we want to have PG fully compatible with OpenLDAP we need to resolve
a problem regarding the libpsqlodbc library.

In OpenLDAP they call the function SQLBindParameter as follow:

SQLBindParameter(sth,1,SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT,SQL_C_ULONG,SQL_INTEGER,0,0,&new_keyval,0,0);

And then the statement is executed with SQLExecDirect as follow:

rc=SQLExecDirect(sth,oc->create_proc,SQL_NTS);

What they expected is that the 'new_keyval' pointer may be modified at
execution time,
with the new unique identifier returned by the query, typically a
sequence number.

It works fine with other database (mySQL, Oracle, etc.) but not with
PostgreSQL.

What's the problem ? Is the SQLBindParameter call is wrong ?
My knowledge is not enougth to find it.

If someone could explain me what's wrong !

Regards,

Gilles DAROLD