Please help me

From: Mihai Afteni <mafteni(at)bizein(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Please help me
Date: 2001-07-19 05:55:44
Lists: pgsql-admin
I have to provide a hardware-software configuration based on a PG
capable to support min 500 simultaneous users each one accesing pages
send an average 6 queries per page. Minimum display time of any page = 5

I have no precise idea about how such a configuration will be. An
estimate based on intuition: a dual (extensible to quad) processor Intel
computer with 1GB RAM and a min 30GB HDD 7200rpm. But intuition is not
an argument

Thank you in advance and all the best,

Mihai AFTENI                        E-mail: mafteni @
general manager, partner            mobile: Int + 40 93 23 77 10
EXPRESS INTEGRATOR SRL                    Developer and owner of             Smart B2B Portal where you can
                        BUY, SELL, INVENT, ADVERTIZE, BID, OFFER
                             DESIGN, PROJECT, INVEST, LEARN, etc.
Bucharest, ROMANIA                 Tel/fax: Int + 40 1 420 58 54

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Marian SaboDate: 2001-07-19 06:05:04