Re: error on INSERT - connection is read only

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Nisha Srinivasan <nisha(at)arch(dot)sel(dot)sony(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error on INSERT - connection is read only
Date: 2001-05-15 04:15:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Nisha Srinivasan wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > l see that a lot of people have the same problem and have posted questions
> > but I couldn't find an answer on the web.
> >
> > I have Postgresql 6.5.3 running on Debian Linux.
> > And I use the iODBC driver manager 2.50.3 to make the ODBC calls.
> >
> > Am not able to insert data into Postgres tables across ODBC.
> > I can do it using psql though.
> >
> > odbc.ini has an entry saying readonly = no.

I may be off the point because I'm not an user of psqlodbc
driver under unix. There seems to be several restrictions
to describe odbc.ini though I don't know the reason.

1) Do you mean ~/.odbc.ini(user DSN?) by odbc.ini ?
2) Don't you have tabs between 'readonly' and '=' ?
3) Current driver is case sensitive in reading odbc.ini
and 'readonly' must be 'ReadOnly'.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue