I saw a table that wasn't there

From: "Tom(dot)Bakken" <Tom(dot)Bakken(at)tx(dot)usda(dot)gov>
To: Postgres User Group <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: I saw a table that wasn't there
Date: 2001-05-04 13:12:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

My problem reminds me of the poem "I saw a man who wasn't there".

I created a table some time ago. When I try to drop it it says "no such
file or directory". When I run vacuum or copy out it also says it isn't
there. However, when I try to create a table with the same name it says
the table already exists.

I'm running Postgres 6.5.2 on Red Hat LINUX 6.1.

I'm learning as I go along, but this is not making it easy.

I saw the table again today.
I really wish it'd go away.

--
Tom Bakken

Email: tom(dot)bakken(at)tx(dot)usda(dot)gov