Re: use of arrow keys to traverse history

From: Andrew Perrin <andrew_perrin(at)unc(dot)edu>
To: borg(at)errorcode(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: use of arrow keys to traverse history
Date: 2001-04-25 18:13:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

These do suggest (although not require) that the *user* postgres will be
running bash when logged in. To check for sure, do:

finger postgres

which will give you the current shell among other things.

However, this doesn't speak to what I think you're asking, which is
command history and completion within psql (the program), not postgres
(the user). If that's what you want, you have to compile psql with gnu
readline support, which means you also have to have the gnu readline
libraries available on your machine.

Andy Perrin